Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Books on My Shelf

One of my goals this year was to read more. Once upon a time, Bailey read books all the time.
 And then Bailey had a baby...
Now baby is bigger and I have a bit more time and freedom and free hands to hold something besides baby. 
Anyways, on to the books.
*Note: I'm one of those who has to hear from 5 people how good a book is before I can commit. And then, if the author lives up to the hype, I'm all in. That's why, this month, I read only Colleen Hoover and Taylor Jenkins Reid.

First up, It Ends With Us. I realize that almost everybody and their mama has read this book by now, but if you happen to be one of those who has not, stop whatever your doing and read it now. This book was my favorite out of the group I read over the last few weeks. (I found myself sitting by my shower at 5:30 one morning because I just had to know what was coming.) I had 0 expectations when I started it and I think I experienced every emotion while reading it. It made me blush and then made me fighting mad and then I was just melting into the floor. Hats off to Hoover for ending the book in a real way. (I was on a Team, but I can't say who for sake of someone who has just gotten back from Mars with me and not read this book yet.)

Hopeless didn't disappoint, either! While I wasn't completely attached to the characters in the first chapter like I was in It Ends With Us, I was definitely interested. Again, didn't really know where this was going, though I had more of an idea, and was really surprised and happy with the way it all played out. There were some curveballs! (Lesslie made me really sad. Anyone else?) This book comes in 3rd out of this group, but only because of how great the next one was...
Emma Blair, I feel so sorry for you and yet I want to be you! One True Loves came in close behind It Ends With Us; I was sucked in by the end of the first chapter. If you don't know, a girl loses her husband, and then is engaged years later to find out Hubby is still alive. I didn't know how I wanted this to end when I was in the middle of it, but I was completely satisfied with out it turned out. There was no #TeamJesse or #TeamSam. I loved them both. 
 Forever, Interrupted was different than all the rest, but still in the same category. It was love story but you knew that sad ending from the very beginning. When I was telling Courtney about it, I compared it to Steel Magnolias. We all know what's going to happen and yet we can't save ourselves and stop watching before the big ugly cry parts. This book was like that. I felt kind of overbearingly sad while reading it. Sure, there were happy parts and a sweet love story, but I couldn't shake the sadness. I think this book was very well written and it wasn't one of those I struggled to finish, I just don't think I'll be reading it again.


Next Up:
This is on it's way to me now! I told you, once the author wins me over, I'm committed. I've heard some pretty good things about it and Hoover is up 2-0 with me, so I'm excited to get into it.
And apparently I've read every book of Kristin Hannah's EXCEPT this one.








1 comment:

  1. I read It Ends With Us, and One True Loves and loved both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete