Wednesday, March 15, 2017

SSI 2016

Courtney and I recently booked our 2017 summer vacation and it got me thinking about last year's trip. Since I didn't have a blog back then, I thought now was the perfect time to write about it. 

And looking through all these pictures makes me a little sad because: BABIES! How do they change so much so quickly?! Bo nor Ella was even walking on this trip. Anyway, here we go.

We vacationed on St. Simons Island (otherwise known as my favorite little island in the south.) Our 2 families stayed in one ocean front condo. Space was limited, but it was fun. The babies really seemed to enjoy living together for a few days.

We got there right after lunch and it was time for both babies to nap. So, I made Bo his pallet on the floor (I didn't have a pack-n-play the first year of his life. His sleeping habits are a post for another day). As you can see, neither babe was ready to sleep and wanted to explore a while at first. 

And for a while was like 10 minutes and then Ella was done. You'll notice Bo spends most of the trip in a diaper because we were at the beach and he is as hot natured as I am. 

 After afternoon naps, we all got dressed and headed out to dinner. The babies were VERY interested in their new surroundings!

We got back to the condo, I changed clothes, and we took Bo down to the beach while Ella went to sleep. It was about 7:30 and a perfectly normal time for a baby to go to sleep, but Bo was not on a perfectly normal sleeping baby's schedule, so we entertained him until about 9:00. He loves the beach!

 The next morning we packed up our entire condo and headed down to the beach. The babies were very content and did so well! 

 Sissy girl sporting her bikini!

 I think this chair caused the most fuss. Bo wanted to open it and Ella wanted to sit on top of it. We resolved the issue by putting it up.

 Ella B loves the camera!

 And Bo was way to busy eating sand to care about anything else.

That sand....was everywhere. The baby pool was a lifesaver in that it provided extra shade and a quick rinsing station. It wasn't the easiest thing to bring but it was well worth it. I've already got a new one for this year. 

 
The daddies did their duties and took the babies back to the room for nap time. Court and I got some much needed uninterrupted girl time on the beach.

We were only there for 4 nights and we had agreed that we would cook 2 nights and go to dinner 2 nights. Courtney and I took turns in the kitchen and it worked perfectly. I like vacation to be that...vacation. I don't want to be on a schedule and try not to plan out my day. If everybody is enjoying themselves on the beach I don't want to interrupt that and go rush to get dressed for dinner. But, I also don't want to cook every night. So, we gave ourselves some space and just went with what we felt like. We ended up staying at the beach and then the pool a long while that first day, so it was deemed spaghetti night.

 We were back at it the next day, doing much of the same. Why change a good thing?!

 This is when we realized we were not going to get a picture of both babies smiling, or even looking, at the same time. 

Nap time came and Ella B retired to the room. Mr. Bo knocked out on the beach for a nice nap. He's a great beach baby!

I thought he was so big then, but look at those leg rolls! He's toddled them all off now.

 Nothing is better to me than a wonderful day spent on the beach and then an afternoon cooling off at the pool. The babies enjoyed the pool almost as much as the beach. (And bonus-everybody is sand-free after swimming! ....almost.) 

I don't have any baby pictures from the 3rd day. Court and I spent the morning shopping in the Village and then my mom and Tucker drove down after lunch (it's only a 2 hour drive) and kept the babies while the grown ups went out to eat. This is the only picture I have of Colby and I the entire trip! 

This is the last picture I took and it is one of my all time favorites. I asked Bo where the bird was and this is what I got. It looks more like he's trying to catch a ride back home, though. :) 

SSI 2016 did not disappoint and I am so excited for this year's adventure!










4 comments:

  1. Your vacation looks like so much fun. Beach family vacations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing vacation!! I love, love, love those sweet chubby legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun trip! The little pool is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete