Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's been a hot minute since I've done the traditional Friday Favorites post. Life's been a little crazy this week so this post is short and sweet and I'm TGIF'ing big time! Hopefully by Monday I'll be back in swing with blogging.

This post is part of a link up done with Andrea!

First things first: I've found a new obsession in this podcast.
I've always been intrigued by true crime stories and I probably watch the I.D channel more than I should. (Only during the day time because it freaks me out after dark.) Anyway, the Up and Vanished podcast is about a woman, Tara Grinstead, that went missing in 2005. The case has been pretty cold for the last 12 years. So, this guy Payne started a podcast sometime last year and it got a lot of attention. Fast forward to February of this year, and now 2 arrests have been made. When news of these arrests broke, lots of people were talking about this podcast and their belief that it had a lot to do with helping to find the suspects.I started listening the night of the first arrest and now- I AM HOOKED. Tara is from a small Georgia town not an hour from where I live, and I've always been intrigued by the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. It's crazy, too, because this case is ongoing and things are happening in real time. The podcast is so well done and when I am listening I feel like I'm in the middle of a great mystery novel...except it's still being written. Anyway, if you're into True Crime stories at all you should give this listen. I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed!

Another favorite isn't just a favorite this week, but a forever favorite.
My best friend, Courtney. In my Workin' It Wednesday post about marriage, I should've added how friends can help keep your marriage strong. I truly believe that having friends that hold the same beliefs and morals as you and your spouse is needed for a strong marriage. Colby and I can always call on Canon and Courtney for any need; painting the house, prayers, babysitting Bo, bathing the dog, whatever. They are our people. We help each other to laugh at the craziness in each of our lives/families and are there if times get tough. Our group date nights will always be one of my favorite things. 
Finally, there is this.
Thank You, Lord, for Your peace. I always need reminding that God's peace is always there, I only need to embrace it.


Happy Weekend! 







No comments:

Post a Comment