Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: February 2017


How is it possible that it's already the last Wednesday of February?!
I feel more like it was Flubruary, but whatever.
So, What's Up this Wednesday?



What We're Eating This Week




This is far from a great picture of food...but I love this stuff for several reasons.
1. It all cooks in one dish...less mess!
2. It's Mexican.
3. It's not terrible for you. (Probably not gonna help you lose weight but it's better than something fried, right?)
I saw this dish on FB a while ago and I've been making it regularly since.
Ingredients:
1 package chicken breast strips
4 Bell Peppers (I use all the colors because it just looks pretty)
1/2 an onion
1 package Fajita seasoning
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 box of Mexican cheese rice (optional)

So, cut up all your peppers and onion and throw them in a 9x13 baking dish. Then toss in your uncooked chicken strips and sprinkle in your fajita seasoning. Next, drizzle it all with EVOO. (Don't drown the pan in it.) Now toss it all together and voila! Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 40-45 mins. *I've found it's even tastier when you make the dish and refrigerate it for 4 hours or so.

I cook the Mexican cheese rice about 10 minutes before the Fajita's are done, and then scoop out several spoonfuls of that and place the Fajita fillings on top. Adding sour cream is yummy, too!

What I'm Reminiscing About


I've been thinking about the Baby Days of Bo a lot lately, so yesterday I posted about them. How did they pass by so quickly?! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE this toddler, talking, interacting stage right now, but I do miss the sweet snuggles of a newborn. Snuggling requires still-ness. Bo doesn't have much still-ness these days.

What I'm Loving



Well, since last week was the week of L-O-V-E; I posted about things I Love to Love. If you'd like, you can read about them here. (Hint: That movie is on the list.) ;)


What I'm Dreading

Nothing at the moment!






What I'm Working On



Colby has decided to make an effort to eat better, or more "aware-ly" if you will, and I'm trying to do the same. Not really calling it a diet, just being more aware of what I'm (We're) eating. It's a lot easier to do with someone than alone and ya know...'Tis the almost season...almost swimsuit season that is.






What I'm Excited About


Please notice the time on this screenshot. 7:14 AM. On a Saturday. Bo slept until 7:14 AM..the latest to date. Colby and I are both super excited about this and are hoping our boy is learning to sleep in!!


What I'm Watching/Reading


Well, of course I'm watching this. It's become my favorite. Yes, over all the TGIT shows. I love Jack. I'm really starting to love Kevin. But Toby, Toby is perfection.


And I'm reading this. I've talked about it once on here before, and it's worth bringing up again. I'm really, really enjoying it. I'll be ordering another study from her as soon as I finish this one.


I'm on the cliff's very edge of ordering this. I've read a few from her and I enjoyed them very much. Have any of you read this one and would you recommend it?

What I'm Listening To


(Chantal Kreviazuk)After I watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days with Tucker a few weeks ago, I downloaded this song. And I've listened to it 1,000 times since then. I think it's a song that can have a few different meanings, depending on the listener.

What I'm Wearing


Well, well, well. Hey there, prettiness. Last month, I posted about Erimish bracelets and I was pretty certain I'd have a stack soon. And guess what my sweet husband surprised me with on Valentine's Morning? Yep, the very one I wanted. I was very surprised, because we don't celebrate a traditional Valentine's Day, and Bo had the flu and I kind of forgot all about it, soooo it was really extra sweet to wake up to.

What I'm Doing this Weekend



Celebrating my baby sister's 13th birthday!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


Colby will celebrate his birthday and *hopefully* we'll get to take an early anniversary get away to the Sweetest Little Island in the South. ;)

What Else is New
I think we've covered it all!

Happy, Happy Hump Day!!!

This post is part of a link up with Shay,Sheaffer and Mel!

4 comments:

  1. I took the plunge and ordered Truly, Madly, Guilty to read next month despite all of the questionable reviews from friends. I want to be able to say I've read all of her books. Also, This is Us might be the greatest show ever made and I'm obsessed with Randall! Those bracelets are gorgeous! I sell jewelry on Etsy and you should definitely check it out!! Love your blog!!

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/HollyRomeoBeads?ref=hdr_shop_menu

    Www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be ordering it, too! I will definitely be stopping by your Etsy shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been eating healthier too and while I know it's good for us, I'd do anything for a pizza or some oreos right now!!

    I am loving This Is Us! Last night's episode was emotional as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband has threatened to disconnect our satellite because I was such a mess after this week's episode! Randall just took 1st place as my favorite.

      Delete