Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Things I Love to Love


his is a week of L-O-V-E! So, I thought I'd share some of the things that I love to love that are about love. Say that 3 times fast.
Here we go:
*Movies
*Songs
*Books
*Verses

1. Movies


I LOVE this movie!! Doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I always laugh and get all giddy in the end. I also love Julia. Her smile. Her laugh. Her HAIR. What is her natural color? And is it naturally curly or straight? Because it looks like it was made to be whatever way she chooses to wear it. She probably has magical hair.


I recently introduced Tucker to How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, and I forgot how much I loved it, too! These 2 are just so perfect together and make the movie even better. Kate is another of my faves. And THAT dress.


This is my favorite movie, ever. I've loved it since I was.. I don't know 10?
A couple things:
1. I want to be Emma Rae.
2. I hope I someday have a little girl that I can name Caroline.
3. I wish I liked riding horses, but I can't pretend that it's my favorite thing.
4. Can someone teach Colby and I to dance like Eddie and Grace?
5. Julia is my fave, if you didn't know.
This movie never fails to make me laugh out loud and smile like an idiot, every time! These people were all perfect together. This movie is about their real lives, I'm convinced. Julia and Kyra are real sisters and they definitely grew up on a horse farm raised by their loving, dysfunctional parents Robert and Gena.
Seriously, if you've never seen this movie, I dare you to watch it and not bust a gut in the first 30 minutes.

2. Songs


I Cross My Heart by the one and only, George Strait. This was the song Colby and I danced our first dance to as husband and wife. I've always loved this song. Side Note: In the movie, Pure Country, George sings this song at the end of the movie to his love, Harley Tucker. But, he NEVER kisses her the entire movie. In fact, their hug at the end was the only physical contact they had. Why, you ask? Because George, being the perfect gentleman he is, didn't feel right about kissing another woman other than his wife; acting or not. (Also, this movie is where my sister, Tucker, got her name.)


Hello, best duet ever. This is one of the happiest songs I can think of. I always want to grab a hairbrush or curling iron and karaoke right along with them.


The Good Stuff. Love Kenny and love this song. Definitely one of my very favorites that he sings. He's one of my favorites, I should add. I've seen him in concert 3 times, and I will probably see him 3 more.
(P.S.-I'm a country music fan).

3. Books


Who doesn't love this book? I read this in college and was an Emily Giffin fan, forever. #TeamRachel, btw. I mean no, she didn't do a great thing, and I can't say Darcy deserved it, but nobody was married. (My very favorite of Emily Giffin is Where We Belong, but this post is more about romantic love than familial love.)


Surprise! I've also read everything from Nicholas Sparks. I can't help myself. However, The Guardian is my very favorite. It's got everything; loss, love, suspense, and a great dog. The very last pparagraph gets me every time. I'm a sucker for a good book/movie about the human/dog bond. If you've never read it, you should! It's different than most of his other stuff.
Unfortunately, those are my top 2 'Love Story,' books. I've read lots and lots of books, but my favorites aren't in the 'Love,' category. This is really bothering me because I also love the number 3. 3 is just a nice round number when listing things.
(Note: I'm a big fan of Harry Potter. And say or think what you will, but those books are centered around love, too. Hello?! His mother's love is what saved Harry!)

4. Verses
Over the last month, I've really tried to dig deeper in my faith. These 3 verses have been the ones I've loved the very most. The Lord is so good, and I love reading His word and being reminded that HE is in control and the He loves and cares for me, unconditionally.






Lots of Love on this very Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is one of my all time favorites!! I might have to watch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten how much I loved it until my sister asked about it!

      Delete