Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesdays: Loves of My Life






The Loves of My Life


First, there is Colby. Colby and I have been together for a total of 7 years. (4 years dating, 3 years married.) We met when we were tiny babes at the age of 18. Actually, we met the day before Colby's 19th birthday.
Colby and I are very different, but also very much alike. He's the hardest-working person I know. Seriously, he never stops, and if he does he's sick. He's got an array of friends; ages 12 to 80. He's a talker. He's a family guy. He's a hunter. He's a homebody; 2-3 days away and he's ready to come home. He says he can only vacation for so long and he needs to get home to 'check on things.' (And I'm over here like, it'll be there when we get back. Sit down.) He's a big softie when it comes to animals and the elderly. (I think this is because both will listen to him talk for hours on end.) He loves our Bo, and he has become such a great dad. I think he does pretty okay as a husband, too. ;)
*Side Note: We don't celebrate a traditional Valentine's Day. Colby says sending me flowers on Valentine's Day is meaningless to him, because it's like being told to do it. 


Next is Bo. My sweet, high-fiving, Mickey loving, book 'reading', into everything, always running/marching/jumping, 18 month old boy. How 18 months went by so quickly, I'll never know. How I spent 24 years without him, I'll never understand. 

I couldn't do a post on love without an honorable mention of these fine folks; my extended family.

Because I wouldn't be me without all of them.


There's also Charlie, (or Arlie, as Bo calls him) my goldendoodle. I've never known a smarter, sweeter, more human-like dog. (And I've known a lot of dogs!) No lie, he was potty trained by the 2nd week. Bo has peed on the floor more times than him. He's just the best dog. We also have a black lab, Amos. Amos is just as sweet, and also smart. (He potty trained fairly easy, too!) He's a little more high strung than Charlie, though. He doesn't have time for Bo, he just wants to play, whereas Charlie is all about Bo. And we love them both equally, but Amos doesn't do for pics like Charlie. Here's a few more of our sweet Charles T, because he's just cute & who knows when he'll be brought up again.


The day we brought him home.


Sitting proudly by the flowers he destroyed. That is his downfall; potted plants.


I love my job. Part of what makes me, me, is being a teacher. I have lived my life with lots of kids around, all the time. I grew up as the oldest of 4, I babysat after school and every summer until I graduated college, I just like kids. I've said it before and I'll say it again, give me 22 wild, crazy, loud 5 year olds to one adult-ANY DAY! I'm thankful I'm able to say that I wake up happy to go to work(school)

I saved the best for last....


Because I wouldn't know love without Him. I can not fathom the love that Lord has for me, for all of us, but I am so thankful that He does. There is no greater love than the love God has for His children, and no greater gift than the gift He has given us; our Savior, Jesus Christ. Jesus greatest teaching? LOVE ONE ANOTHER. It's easy for me to love the 'loves of my life,' but I pray daily to love those whom I may think least deserve it. Because that's not for me to decide. God didn't just call us to love the 'loves of our life,' but to love all people, for we are created equal in Him.


As I go about this day, this month of 'love,' I pray I love as Jesus does, and as he commanded me to.

This post is part of link up done with Andrea!








2 comments:

  1. Bo is too cute - and Charlie?! Ugh, so cute!! Our friends have a goldendoodle and I always want to pick him up and snuggle him :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have wanted a goldendoodle of my own since I was 15...they are giant teddy bears!

      Delete