Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: January 2017

Here's to the 1st What's Up Wednesday of 2017!


What We're Eating This Week:



I'm trying my best to use new recipes from Shay at least 3 times a week! Our favorite from January is the Chicken & Ranch Pasta! I've learned I actually enjoy cooking, but only if Bo is asleep or Colby is home to entertain him..which is rare. (The boy just wants to be outside!) Thankfully, Shay has lots of easy, quick & Crock Pot (and all God's people said Amen) recipes to try.

And I know we'll also be eating this at some point:

Because we wouldn't be Bryant's if we didn't.

What I'm Reminiscing About:


Our 1st vacation as a family of 3. Beachin' It with the Hutcheson's on our favorite little island was so much fun! And all this nasty weather has me dreaming about the sun.

What I'm Loving:



Reading this book during daily quiet time. I recently finished Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman, and I feel like this was the perfect follow up for me. If you're looking for some additional quiet time reads, I definitely recommend both of those!

What We've Been Up To:

Riding out those terrible storms last weekend! There were 3 life threatening storms that passed through our area this past weekend, and so preparing for the worst was what our weekend was centered around. South Ga was hit hard, but God was surely protecting our little town. On Sunday, we were watching the news as a deadly tornado ripped through a neighboring community and were told to take cover because our house was in the direct line of fire. By the sweet Grace of God, as the storm grew closer, it changed paths and seemingly broke apart until it was out of the Middle Ga area. God performs miracles every day!

What I'm Dreading:

Bo's 18 month shot visit :(
Boo.

What I'm Working On:
This blog! I'm hoping I can get the hang of this thing & keep it updated with our daily life and what not.

What I'm Excited About:


Hello, Love, I'll see you tomorrow. xoxo

What I'm Watching/Reading:


Well, I just answered both of those. :)

What I'm Listening To:


This song, all the time.

What I'm Wearing:


These bracelets, whenever possible. I've got my eye on several of the stacks and it won't be long before I'm wearing them, too, I'm afraid.

What I'm Doing this Weekend:

Life with these boys. Storm free, I pray!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:


Celebrating our Tuck's birthday! My baby sister, Tucker, will be 13! (The age I was when she was born.) It's a biggie, so I'm looking forward to celebrating her.

What Else Is New:
I got nothing.

Bonus Question: Who is your favorite Bachelor?


Can I have a top 3? Because this is hard!
#1

Who didn't love Charlie?? And Sarah, too! I had all the hopes for them. Oh, well.

#2

Jason is a good guy, I mean no offense to him when I say this. But, he makes the top 3 because of his top 3. Who didn't love Jillian, Molly and Melissa?!

#3

Sean was by far the most genuine Bachelor, ever. It was so good to see someone who held tight to their beliefs and morals while starring in such a popular t.v. show. How could anyone NOT like him?
P.S.-I'm not really watching The Bachelor this season. I wanted it to be Luke so badly and Nick is just not my fave. He's another Juan Pablo if you ask me.

What's Up Wednesday is part of link up done with Shay, Sheaffer, and Mel!






4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for TGIT tomorrow too!! Scandal has been gone for way too long. I feel like I need to watch the last episode of all 3 shows to remember what happened. I have to take my little guy to his 15m check up next week and dread the shots too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't even remember what team I was on last...Jake? Or Fitz? I hate shot appointments!!

      Delete
  2. Ooohh...I'm so with you on not watching The Bachelor this season. I watched the first episode and that's it. Nick isn't my favorite. I wanted Luke or Chase. Good luck with the 18 month check up! Been there with all 3 of my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the check up itself I dread as much as the days to follow afterward! We are known to run small fevers & just feel yuck. It's a good thing, I'm told, but it's no fun!

      Delete