Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Beginning.


Since this blog is centered around being a boy mom, I thought it appropriate to start from the beginning.
I found out I was pregnant on December 18, 2014. I told Colby that night and we agreed to wait to tell our families until Christmas. Hardest secret I've ever had to keep, but it was so fun!

Tucker was pumped!

Colby and I went on a mini-vacay to Pigeon Forge for New Year's, and while driving home all the pregnancy symptoms hit me. FUN. I remember laying on our couch when we got home and this feeling of BOY just came over me. From then on, I was convinced we would have a boy; even looking at girl clothes and nurseries just didn't feel right. All I could see was blue. I dreamed twice that we were having a boy and I couldn't wait for the doctor to confirm my feelings. (Btw, I have the most wonderful doctor in the world. Seriously, she's the best.)

Waking up in Pigeon Forge. 2015 was going to be a good year.
I had the whole idea that we would do a grand gender reveal shindig, but yeah, no, that didn't happen. I did a little reveal for my school kiddos, and that was good enough for me!

So, when the doctor confirmed, we started talking names. We threw around a few different ones for a while, and I even had a few things monogrammed with one name before we scratched that and decided on Bo. Colby and I both agreed it would be Bo spelled B-0 because Bo spelled B-e-a-u would make us want to call him Bew. And so, Bo Michael it would be. Michael is Colby's middle name and BMB are my initials, so win-win for both of us. 😊

20 weeks, Easter and our 1st anniversary. It was a neat day.

At 38 weeks, we decided we would be inducing at 39 weeks. Bo was measuring ahead of his due date and we were expecting a big baby. The first day of school happened to be the day that we would also be inducing. Talk about great timing! I went to school that morning to greet my students and then left to go home and prepare. That night at 6:00, we were at the hospital ready to get the party started!


Our last picture of just us two.

Courtney and Tucker. Just two months prior, we were waiting on Court to deliver Ella B!

It was August, and I was hot.

We partied at the hospital until midnight, and then the Hutchesons left and things got real.

Around 7 a.m. the next morning, Dr. B talked to us and told us nothing had changed. Bo was not coming on his own. We had the option to wait a week and come back, but he would only grow bigger in that time which would most likely result in C-section. Or, we could go ahead with a C-section that morning. We weren't leaving that hospital without our baby so we got penciled in for 10 a.m

At 10:13 a.m. on August 20, 2015, Bo Michael Bryant was born. And he was absolutely perfect

Everyone's first look at our sweet Bo! I'm so thankful Courtney was there to capture all these moments for us. They are truly priceless.

My first look at my precious, precious boy.




Our first picture as a family of 3. God is so good to us.
The best doctor in the entire world!
Finally home.
I can honestly say, Bo and I bonded from those very first moments. It was a love like I've never known before.
 Becoming a mom made me realize the magnitude of the sacrifice that our Heavenly Father made when He sent us His son, Jesus Christ. For the first time, I was able to really grasp and understand that unimaginable sacrifice He made just so I could come to know Him and it was so very humbling.  I've known God's love for almost all my life, but becoming a mom gave me a deeper understanding of it all. I know God reaches each of us differently, and  this is how he reached the deepest part of my heart.
















No comments:

Post a Comment